Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's the new style...Drooooop!


After all the financial cutbacks, gas prices and debt triangulating around us like impending doom, I couldn't help but notice how the growing trend may have some influence on my new minimal style!

Not to get entangled into the geo-social entrapment's of life on this planet I had to travel to a place all my own, where all things are possible and I'm a creative Zen master orchestrating the dopest ideas for this this world to experience,...my inner Buddah. It is here where everything is in "the know" and every particle works together for the greater good of the "Piece"! 

This time around I chose to "do more with less". Pushing the boundaries of limited space and seeing what could possibly come of this. The result, the next evolutionary step in my creative progression. I digitally painted the whole piece (with the exception of the checkered pattern) in photoshop. Fusing photo realistic paint styles, dynamic usage of space with my trademark abstract characters made this piece absolutely stupendous! Did I just say stupendous? Wow. Anyway, I'm really feeling this movement and I'll be showcasing more of this style for a commissioned piece I'm doing of the Rolling Stone's...Nice!

There are two versions of this piece, one is a screen saver to be downloaded and one (with no black box) is in it's original state. Please download and enjoy! FYI, just click on the size of the download you would like to download and it will automatically download to your desktop. Thanks.

Original here

Screen saver here

No comments: